16 Feb Travel Tech Shares Recommendations For National Travel and Tourism Strategy
Public Comments Filed Responding to International Trade Administration Request For Input
The Travel Technology Association (Travel Tech), the voice of the travel technology industry, today released its comments in response to the International Trade Administration’s (ITA) request for public input on the development of a new National Travel and Tourism Strategy.
Specific Travel Tech recommendations to ITA include:
- Eliminating pre-departure testing requirements for vaccinated inbound travelers.
- Supporting Congressional efforts to highlight the needs of the travel and tourism industry across all government agencies (specifically, collaboration across all federal agencies).
- Implementing additional COVID-19 recovery measures, including a temporary travel tax credit.
- Promoting competition and transparency for consumer choice in air travel.
- Opening the China market to global distribution systems.
- Committing to Brand USA and pursuing a more active role in promoting the United States, globally.
- Supporting destination marketing organizations.
- Promoting sustainable travel and focusing on environmentally friendly travel choices.
“As the ITA seeks to improve the competitive position of the United States and promote international travel and tourism growth through a new National Travel and Tourism Strategy, it must recognize the world’s leading online travel agents, travel management companies, short-term rental platforms, and global distribution systems are key contributors to the travel and tourism ecosystem”, stated Steve Shur Travel Tech’s President. “Travel Tech’s members have created a transparent and competitive marketplace for consumers and are leaders in promoting travel from inspiration, to shopping, to booking. We look forward to working with ITA on this new strategy in support of the US travel and tourism economy.”
About Travel Tech
The Travel Technology Association (Travel Tech) is the voice of the travel technology industry, advocating for public policy that promotes transparency and competition in the marketplace to encourage innovation and preserve consumer choice. Travel Tech represents the leading innovators in travel technology, including global distribution systems, online travel agencies and metasearch companies, travel management companies, and short-term rental platforms.
To schedule an interview with a Travel Tech spokesperson, contact Dan Rene of kglobal at 202-329-8357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.