Current Openings - Posted on May 2, 2018
Director of Communications
Founded in 1998, Travel Tech, is the association for the world’s leaders in online travel and independent distribution of travel. Travel Tech’s members include the leading online travel agents (OTAs) and meta search sites, global distribution systems (GDSs), short term rental platforms and travel management companies. Travel Tech represents these innovators on policy and industry affairs matters to advocate for and support the independent distribution of travel, protect consumer choice and promote competition among travel suppliers.
Reporting to the President, the Director of Communications will set and guide the strategy for all communications, website, and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate Travel Tech’s messages and mission. The Director of Communications will ensure that Travel Tech is viewed as the primary source, disseminator, and conduit of information on key issues of online travel technology and commerce within the travel trade press, mainstream press, among policymakers and consumers.
The Director of Communications will work closely with a senior peer group within the organization as the communications partner on a variety of strategic initiatives.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the annual communications plan across the Travel Tech’s audiences
- Lead the generation of online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action. Decide who, where, and when to disseminate
- Put communications vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, and Travel Tech’s website
- Coordinate website maintenance and social media-ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly
- Track and measure the level of engagement within the network over time
- Manage development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, reports, polls, e-newsletters, and Travel Tech’s website
- Establish and manage all media contacts within travel, ecommerce, technology and consumer arenas
- In addition to day-to-day communications responsibilities, candidate should be qualified to represent the organization before other constituencies, including industry groups, elected and public officials and staff.
Travel Tech is seeking an accomplished Director of Communications who has at least seven years of communications experience, ideally in a Capitol Hill, campaign, association or agency role and covering areas such as media relations, social media, website content, newsletters, and stakeholder engagement. The ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages, and disseminate it to the right audiences through the best distribution channels is critical.
- Experience developing and implementing communications strategies across multiple platforms
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- Demonstrated track record in managing media relationships
- Social media and online communications strategist and tactician
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Experience in travel industry arena a plus but not required
Send qualifications and salary requirements to: TravelTechCommunications@gmail.com. No phone calls please.