Travel Tech: The Travel Technology Association Director of Communications
Founded in 1998, Travel Tech, is the association for the world's leaders in online travel and independent distribution of travel. Travel Tech's members include the leading online travel agents (OTAs) and meta search sites such as Expedia, Priceline, TripAdvisor, global distribution systems (GDSs) Amadeus, Sabre and Travelport, short term rental platforms AirBnB, HomeAway and Flipkey and many others. On behalf of its members and consumers, Travel Tech advocates for policies that support a transparent and competitive travel marketplace.
Reporting to the President, the Director of Communications will set and guide the strategy for all communications, website, and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate Travel Tech's messages and mission. The Director of Communications will ensure that Travel Tech is viewed as the primary source, disseminator, and conduit of information on key issues of a thriving travel marketplace, consumer choice and travel distribution technology within the travel trade press, mainstream press, among policymakers and consumers.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the short term and long term communications plans
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key media outlets in the travel trade media, policy media (inside the Beltway and beyond), business press, technology trade press and policy-centric blogosphere.
- Lead the generation of online content including infographics and video that engages targeted audience segments. Strategic deployment of these messages.
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, and Travel Tech's website
- Coordinate website maintenance and social media--ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly
- Identify key media opportunities, both pro-actively and reactionary to real-time events.
- Executive visibility. Identify opportunities to position the association, its officers and staff in key venues for speaking engagements and guest commentary.
- In addition to day-to-day communications responsibilities, candidate should be qualified to represent the organization as spokesperson.
Travel Tech is seeking an accomplished Director of Communications with 7-10 years of policy communications experience, ideally in a Capitol Hill, political campaign, association or agency role and covering areas such as media relations, social media, website content, newsletters, and stakeholder engagement. Must have the ability to take complex issues and transform them into mainstream messages, with strategic planning to leverage the content for advocacy.
- Experience creating and implementing policy communications initiatives
- Demonstrated track record in pitching media and managing media relationships
- Experience developing and implementing communications strategies across multiple platforms
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
- Social media and online communications strategist and tactician
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Experience in travel industry arena a plus but not required.